It's True, People Can Enjoy Where They Work!
We're a small enough company that you'll get to know everyone. As Team Members,
we interact with people in every part of the company - from office managers to the
President/owner of the company. We're like family.
The common theme is that we all take pride in building a top quality American-made
product that is critical to many industries. We're one of the leading manufacturers
of temperature sensors in North America and our products are used all over the United
States and the world. From wind turbines to large pharmaceutical processing plants,
companies depend on Pyromation temperature sensors.
Pyromation has developed an atmosphere in the plant and offices where team members
enjoy coming to work each day. We offer big-time company benefits while maintaining
small company flexibility. We're professional, but not rigid. These are just a few
of the reasons our Team Members like coming to work at Pyromation:
- Clean, air-conditioned, brightly lit workplace
- Lean manufacturing - cell assembly operations
- Encouragement of ideas, Team Member input
- Employee recognition
- Skills development
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Bonus programs
- Earned vacation days
- Company supported Team Member events - lunches, parties, health activities
Pyromation has been successfully growing its business since 1962, and as a privately
held company, we'll continue to be a significant employer in this area for the long
When you put it all together, joining Pyromation is a smart move. And, like our
Team Members, we think you'll enjoy working here.
Check out the latest career opportunities at Pyromation. Your new career starts
Current Open Positions:
Click Here to Apply Online
Click Here to View Our
Click here to see the remarkable video about our company and culture.
Please scroll down to see all current openings
2nd Shift Manufacturing Trainer
Currently we are seeking a 2nd shift Manufacturing Trainer for our fun and family oriented environment.
Together we have developed an atmosphere and culture where Team Members enjoy coming to work each day.
Here are just a few reasons why:
- Clean/Modern facility
- Fun and Engaged Culture
- Lean Manufacturing Methods & Improvement Activities
- Competitive Benefits & Pay
- Bonus Program
- Encouragement of Ideas & Team Member Input
- Employee Recognition
- Skills Development
- Opportunities for Growth
- Excellent Vacation Days Program
- Company Supported Team Member Events, Wellness Activities, Fun Fridays, etc.
The role of the Manufacturing Trainer is to facilitate training and development of Pyromation team members.
The function of the Manufacturing Trainer is to help ensure customer satisfaction, continuous improvement,
and support the company's training needs. This position reports to the Human Resource/Safety Director.
The 2nd shift Manufacturing Trainer will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for training team members utilizing job instruction, lean tools, safety documents and quality information.
- Provide support by training team members in catalog and application/theory training.
- Perform documentation training.
- Lead training in teambuilding, team dynamics, job instruction, safety, etc.
- Work closely with members of management throughout the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
knowledge & Skill:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong people skills and developmental background.
- Possess computer skills.
- High school diploma or GED equivalence, college degree or completed classes in a related field a plus.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Training and developmental skills.
There is a .50 cent shift differential, plus opportunity for annual bonus. Compensation $15.00 to $21.00 per hour.
2nd Shift CNC Machining Supervision (Group Leader)
Currently we are seeking an experienced Group Leader for
shop supervision who has a background in manufacturing management,
employee development, leading engagement, implementing policies and
procedures to promote an environment of lean efficiency, continuous
improvement, and to support strategic company goals.
The Group Leader is responsible for the development and management activities for their Product Groups
in the Value Stream by working in conjunction with the Team Leader and Value Stream Operators and with
the support of Process Analyst, Buyer/Planner, Manufacturing Engineer and Maintenance Technicians.
This position reports directly to the Value Stream Leader (Operations Manager) and serves as a liaison
to other areas of the company. Responsible for administering policies and procedures to promote an
environment of lean efficiency, safety, continuous improvement and engaged team members, while supporting
strategic value stream goals.
- Conduct product group equipment startup/shutdown as needed.
- Meet with Team Leaders at 'Pyro Park' to allocate players, if needed.
- Assure PPE and other OSHA requirements are being followed.
- Assure work rule and company policy compliance.
- Respond to andon light/sound as required.
- Utilize escalation process as needed.
- Conduct morning gemba walk with Team Leader.
- Communicate with all VS team members; recognize someone; give credit for a job well done.
- Audit posted standard work, Heijunka loading, WIP locations and PCB sheets.
- Audit training matrix and ensure team member training is in process and JI breakdowns are being utilized by the coach. Discuss training progress with Learner/Coach.
- Evaluate and discuss team member engagement with Team Leader.
- Spot check product quality conformance.
- Follow up on late customer orders with Team Leader and End-Of-Shift Report.
- Administrative responsibilities as required.
- Approve overtime and time off with team members. Assure attendance books are utilized for entering in ADP.
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Support Problem Solving Meeting.
- Conduct product group safety audit meeting at safety board.
- Update L3 policy deployment.
- Review L4 policy deployment with Team Leader.
- Assist with interviews as needed.
Team Member Development/Engagement
- Develop and implement strategic cross training.
- Lead job instruction breakdown usage and development.
- Review and evaluate training with assigned coaches.
- Review and approve the completed skill certification documents and batter score with support staff.
- Forward completed batter score card to Human Resources with universal form, skill certification form and JI breakdowns, and other documents like WI’s used for training.
- Update training matrix on PCB.
- Conduct and follow up team member evaluations (bi-annual reviews).
- Serve as a resource on the manufacturing processes in the Value Stream to answer team member questions or strive to obtain the required knowledge, as needed.
- Assist in creating an atmosphere of trust and engagement. Utilize coaching and mentoring to develop team members on a consistent basis to continually improve.
- Identify and address disciplinary issues through Job Relation activities and corrective action system as needed.
- Assist in the retention of team members and work with them to identify and facilitate career development plans.
- Identify and address disciplinary issues through Job Relation activities and corrective action system as needed.
- Assist in the retention of team members - identify and facilitate career development plans.
- Support quality improvements through root cause identification and permanent solutions.
- Complete PDCA improvement cycles. Ensure current and target condition is documented and posted on the PCB.
- Co-lead toolbox meetings.
- Support 6S and standard work audits as scheduled or as needed.
- Support 6S, safety and standard work audit findings.
- Support idea meetings.
- Follow up and coach team on idea implementation.
- Update each team member’s idea count on tracking form.
- Review oops occurrence locations. Discuss occurrence with team member and suggested improvement.
- Work with other manufacturing Value Stream support staff and the Manufacturing Value Stream Leader to improve equipment, tooling, layout and production processes.
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting the Value Stream to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Other related duties as required (see function description).
Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related major and 5+ years of experience managing in the manufacturing industry desired.
Managerial experience and understanding of the manufacturing processes in the Value Stream or experience with manufacturing based technology.
Pyromation offers an excellent compensation and benefit package. Pay range is $1,538.46 to $2,269.23 bi-weekly. Salary is commensurate with experience/knowledge and/or degree.
PT HR Coordinator
The role of the PT HR Coordinator is to support the Human Resource/Safety Director, the Human Resource Generalist and the Human Resource Specialist
in the maintenance of personnel systems within the company. The function of the Human Resource Coordinator is to help ensure customer satisfaction,
continuous improvement, and support the company’s goals. The Human Resource Coordinator will interact with all company Value Streams.
This position reports directly to the Human Resource/Safety Director and serves as a liaison to other areas of the company.
The Human Resource Coordinator will perform the following functions and have the following responsibilities:
- Support as a backup to timesheet entering, attendance tracking program and other programs
- Administer filing/scanning of personnel documents and maintain confidentiality
- Assist in job postings, advertisement, job bids, reference checking and processing
- Backup for team member hiring and interviews as needed
- Assist in open enrollment process for team members
- Assist in creating an atmosphere of trust and engagement
- Monitor and participate in cultural activities
- Assist with team member recognition programs and provide necessary information
- Help with safety audits
- Create decline letters as needed for candidates not selected for employment
- Adhere to established standard work for the Human Resource duties
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Skill Requirements
The Human Resource Coordinator shall possess:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. desired, but not required. Some college classes completed or degree a plus.
- Human Resource and/or business experience a plus
Approximately 20 hrs. per week with flexible schedule options.
Pyromation offers an excellent compensation and benefit package. Pay is $13.00 to $15.00 per hour.
2nd Shift Value Stream Operator - Light Assembly
Pyromation, Inc. is an innovative temperature sensor manufacturer that is utilizing Lean Manufacturing initiatives
and we are growing. Currently we are seeking Value Stream Operators. The Value Stream Operator assembles parts and
raw materials to form complete units or sub assemblies at their assigned workstation(s), while following standard
work and supporting lean initiatives.
The Value Stream Operator will perform the following functions and have the following responsibilities:
- Utilize hand tools, light power tools and other special equipment to perform assigned assembly
- Monitors the quality of all items produced in the area.
- Performs basic cleaning and preventive maintenance checks of equipment as required or
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. desired, but not required.
- Manufacturing assembly experience desired. Lean manufacturing experience a plus.
The successful new team member is to have the skills and ability to be action oriented with effective problem
solving skills, possess good communication/interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a team environment.
The Value Stream Operator will participate in Lean continuous improvement activities; and possess the willingness
to continually learn and develop job related skills, while assisting others to do the same.
The pay range for this position is $13.00 to $17.00 per hour, with a .50 cent shift differential.
Part-Time 1st & 2nd Shift Value Stream Operator positions available. Contact Human Resources for more details.
All interested candidates need to apply here online and complete an application to be considered.
Send your resume along with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
5211 Industrial Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Fax: (260) 482-9240
Send e-mail resumes to: Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: all careers require drug screening and background check