It's True, People Can Enjoy Where They Work!
We're a small enough company that you'll get to know everyone. As Team Members,
we interact with people in every part of the company - from office managers to the
President/owner of the company. We're like family.
The common theme is that we all take pride in building a top quality American-made
product that is critical to many industries. We're one of the leading manufacturers
of temperature sensors in North America and our products are used all over the United
States and the world. From wind turbines to large pharmaceutical processing plants,
companies depend on Pyromation temperature sensors.
Pyromation has developed an atmosphere in the plant and offices where team members
enjoy coming to work each day. We offer big-time company benefits while maintaining
small company flexibility. We're professional, but not rigid. These are just a few
of the reasons our Team Members like coming to work at Pyromation:
- Clean, air-conditioned, brightly lit workplace
- Lean manufacturing - cell assembly operations
- Encouragement of ideas, Team Member input
- Employee recognition
- Skills development
- Opportunities for growth
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Bonus programs
- Earned vacation days
- Company supported Team Member events - lunches, parties, health activities
Pyromation has been successfully growing its business since 1962, and as a privately
held company, we'll continue to be a significant employer in this area for the long
When you put it all together, joining Pyromation is a smart move. And, like our
Team Members, we think you'll enjoy working here.
Check out the latest career opportunities at Pyromation. Your new career starts
NOTICE: We will not be providing paper applications for completion at this time. Applications must be completed online until further notice.
Current Open Positions:
APPLY ONLINE - CLICK HERE
BENEFITS - CLICK HERE
COMPANY VIDEO - CLICK HERE
Please scroll down to see all current openings
PT HR Coordinator
Are you trying to get some experience in a real Human Resource Department? We have detailed training processes, so this may be a great opportunity for you!
Currently we are seeking a Part Time Human Resource Coordinator for our fun and family oriented environment. Together we have developed an atmosphere and culture where Team Members enjoy coming to work each day.
The role of the PT HR Coordinator is to support the Human Resource/Safety Director, the Human Resource Generalist and the Human Resource Specialist
in the maintenance of personnel systems within the company. The function of the Human Resource Coordinator is to help ensure customer satisfaction,
continuous improvement, and support the company’s goals. The Human Resource Coordinator will interact with all company Value Streams.
This position reports directly to the Human Resource/Safety Director and serves as a liaison to other areas of the company.
The Human Resource Coordinator will perform the following functions and have the following responsibilities:
- Support the HR Dept. with scanning, application processing, attendance tracking, HR projects, etc.
- Utilize Pyromation’s software systems to accomplish job duties.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Assist with Pyromation’s HR programs & systems.
- Complete special assignments and projects as required and provide administrative support.
- Recommend ways to continuously improve.
The Part Time Human Resource Coordinator shall:
- Be capable of handling confidential materials in a professional manner.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills verbally and in writing, including strong people skills.
- Be self-motivated and well organized.
- Be able to prioritize and consistently meet or exceed goals and deadlines.
- Possess the willingness to develop job related skills.
- Be able to work well in a team environment.
- Be able to work successfully under moderate amounts of pressure.
- Possess a positive, flexible and adaptive attitude.
Minimum Education and Skill Requirements
The Human Resource Coordinator shall possess:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. desired, but not required. Some college classes completed or degree a plus.
- Human Resource and/or business experience a plus
Approximately 20 hrs. per week with flexible schedule options.
Pyromation offers an excellent compensation and benefit package. Pay is based off of background and experience.
1st and 2nd Shift Light Assembly
Pyromation, Inc. is an innovative temperature sensor manufacturer that is utilizing Lean Manufacturing initiatives
and we are growing. The Light Assembly Operators assembles parts and raw materials to form complete units or sub-assemblies at their assigned workstation(s),
while following standard work and supporting lean initiatives.
The Light Assembly Operators will perform the following functions and have the following responsibilities:
- Utilize hand tools, light power tools and other special equipment to perform assigned assembly operations.
- Monitors the quality of all items produced in the area.
- Performs basic cleaning and preventive maintenance checks of equipment as required or assigned.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work area.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. desired, but not required.
- Manufacturing assembly experience desired. Lean manufacturing experience a plus.
The successful new team member is to have the skills and ability to be action oriented with effective problem
solving skills, possess good communication/interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a team environment.
The Value Stream Operator will participate in Lean continuous improvement activities; and possess the willingness
to continually learn and develop job related skills, while assisting others to do the same. Pyromation offers an excellent compensation and benefit package.
Salary is commensurate with experience/knowledge
Benefits listed apply to full time employment opportunities and 2nd shift has a .50 cent shift differential. We even have Pet Insurance!
Opportunity for annual bonus.
Currently we are seeking an experienced Metrology Technician who has a background in verifying and documenting the acceptance of raw materials and finished assemblies.
The Metrology Technician works in conjunction with team members and members of management as needed. This position reports directly to the Quality Director and serves
as a liaison with other areas of the company. Responsible for supporting and upholding policies and procedures to promote an environment of lean efficiency, safety,
continuous improvement and engaged team members, while supporting strategic goals.
- Review and schedule customer orders and efficiently schedule work load.
- Maintain organized records of the logging and testing of incoming material.
- Work with all departments in testing non-conforming materials.
- Maintain all lab instrumentation, tooling, and materials within calibration standards.
- Provide certified non-destructive testing support, including but limited to UT, LP, VT, and hydrostatic leak testing.
- Uphold the highest degree of quality in work performed.
- Notify the Quality Director of any damaged equipment and/or new equipment needs.
- Test and maintain all new and in process measuring and test equipment on the ISO 9001 Quality System.
- Assist with the fabrication/repair of custom test equipment.
- Assist with deployment of custom test equipment.
- Assist with validation of test methods.
- Assist the written calibration procedures for measuring and test equipment on the ISO 9001 Quality System.
- Establish and maintain written procedures for the Metrology Laboratory.
- Maintain lab standards and SPC charts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Skill Requirements:
This position is eligible for opportunity of annual bonus. Pay commensurate with experience and background.
- Possess excellent listening, verbal & written communication skills, including strong interpersonal and development.
- Ability to interact well with all levels of management/team members.
- Possess technical & application knowledge.
- Be able to prioritize & multitask to meet deadlines.
- Be self-motivated & organized.
- Ability to work equally well with team environment & independent activities.
- Ability to work under moderate amounts of pressure.
- Possess good basic math skills.
- Possess working knowledge of personal computers, application of office software packages, including word processing, e-mail & spreadsheet software.
- Exhibit problem solving skills.
- Possess the willingness to continually learn & develop job related skills.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- High School education or the equivalence of a GED, metrology, machining or related degree a plus.
- Lab experience or calibration experience & 2+ years technical knowledge desired.
All interested candidates need to apply here online and complete an application to be considered.
Send your resume along with salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
5211 Industrial Road
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Fax: (260) 482-9240
Send e-mail resumes to: Human Resources
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: all careers require drug screening and background check